Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Catholics deserve a capital "C" today

Hey I give credit where credit is due here. The voice of reason is coming from the Roman Catholic Church today. As I have said before I don't have an issue with folks who want to believe in fairy tales to help them get through life. I just have issues when they can't keep their beliefs to themselves or when it completely takes over their brains so thoroughly that they fail to think critically about anything else they come across.


Anybody who says they take the bible literally can't have even read the first few chapters. So if after reading the stories in the bible you somehow learn some valuable life lessons, great! (Although I don't know how you could, what with all the rape, murder incest, intolerance and cruelty in there) However, if after reading the bible you somehow think it belongs in our science classrooms then we have a problem. But don't take my word for it, listen to the higher authority of the Catholic Church. Keep up the good work guys!

And kudos also goes out to Sam Harris for this great editorial today!

No comments: