Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sweetheart, I'd rather you marry a muslim

For everybody who thought homophobia and racism were the big ills of our society, check out this survey from the University of Minnesota. It turns out us Atheists are the most hated group in the country! Sorry Gays and Blacks, we're number one!

Now of course, it's a lot easier for us to blend in without getting noticed, and I have never been rejected for a bank loan because of my beliefs, so I am not one to play the victim. I just find it hilarious that parents would rather have their daughter marry a Gay guy than an Atheist.

Well I have no daughter yet, so it will be a while before she is of marrying age. However, I admitedly have some prejudices myself and have already decided she will be forbidden from marrying anybody who does that YMCA dance in public.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. For some reason, I doubt many atheists do the YMCA dance. It's one of the few things that gays and fundamentalist Christians can come together for, during baseball games and other various sporting events.

Anonymous said...

I have a 4yo son. A few years ago he was displaying some questionable behaviour regarding a doll and a dolls house. When my wife commented on it I just said.
I'd rather he's gay than religious !

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on your new status!