Wednesday, October 22, 2008

At last, the skepticklish endorsement for president . . .

vote for a third party! Pick your favorite. Don't waste your vote on Obama or McCain, use your valuable vote to send a real message this time.

Myself, I will vote Libertarian this time around because their philosophy seems to be closest to my own. I happen to have a lot of issues with their candidate Bob Barr and almost didn't go that way, but being a realist I know the name on a third-party ticket doesn't matter, as my vote is support for some real change and support of their platform in general.

In 2004 I went for Kerry almost entirely because he was not Bush, but I just can't waste my vote like that again. Before that I voted for Nader in both 2000 and 1996, so I'm not new to the third party scene. I'm just older, wiser, and have had to deal personally with the government firsthand, which has only served in convincing me that the government that governs least - governs best.

Do the math where you live! I live in California, voting for Obama would be like filling an eyedropper with water from my tap at home, driving down to the beach and then squeezing it out over the Pacific Ocean. Voting for McCain would be the reverse of that. If that's the effect you want your vote to have then enjoy. Personally I'm not going to waste my vote this time around.

No comments: