Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More from jumping KL

I had a few more odds and ends to post from KL before I get on to the Thailand vacation photos. I have had some computer issues so forgive me for running behind in my updates.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
No real comment for this photo, I just think it looks cool!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I hit this spot for a nice breakfast. The best tasting and cheapest food in KL are Indian Curry Houses.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well they say you are supposed to try anything while you are on vacation.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sorry but I decided to get some fruit instead. This cart looks just like the kind that always gets knocked over in action movies that are set in exotique locales.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well you can't go wrong with a lime! I don't think this guy was making cocktails, these are magic limes that have some sort of significance for hindus.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So now that I've eaten its time to get the morning paper.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It looks like a good day for shopping!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If I look hard enough I might be able to find my size shoe here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This place was fondly known as flower alley by the locals. (Or maybe just by me)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am ever learning some Malay! The sign "Buka 24 Jam" on the 7-11 means "come by any time."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another one of my famous Vespa shots!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Watch out for the biker gangs of KL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some of the fauna of KL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
With some of the flora

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another cool picture that I don't remember taking

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the old central train station. I wasn't here on my way anywhere, just got lost trying to cross the tracks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was trying to find the planetarium. Hmm is there a quicker way up those steps on this balmy day?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well once I made it up there I was told there was no show for a few hours and it would be in Malay. So I satisfied myself by looking at incredibly educational exhibits like this one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ok admitedly there was a nice view from up there as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hmm well I suppose a Malaysian might be intrigued to see a deer crossing sign if she were on vacation in the USA! No this car wasn't swerving out of the way of a monkey, they all drive on the left side here! Can you imagine such a thing?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nightlife in KL has something for everything, and music on every corner. (or at least this one)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And I will wrap up my photos from KL with this gem. This guy with the bubble gun will make the name skepticklish synonymous with great photography. You may order prints for only $10 each.




So come back soon for photos from the Land of Smiles!

No comments: