Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A sold out Mariners game?

Tonight was a the closest thing Mariner fans are going to get this year to a playoff atmosphere down at safeco field. It was the big matchup between the ancient mariner, Randy Johnson and the Venezuelan teenager Felix Hernandez. The game had everything, even a guy who ran on the field to dump his mother's ashes on the sacred ground. Well it had everything except much offense, as it finished with New Dork winning 2-0.



I managed to snag a ticket for this must see event. The rare opportunity to see Mariner players winning, even if it for a different team. RJ was my favorite ballplayer for many years, and I also caught his only other start at Safeco shortly after it first opened when he was playing for the Diamondbacks. He blew away the team that day too. I saw Felix pitch in Arizona and Vegas in March and I suspected even then he would be starting opening day 2006. Mariner fans have been saying maybe next year since April, so even though he could not quite match up with RJ tonight, he did give us a bit of hope that come April 2006 we won't already be looking forward to 2007.

P.S. - I almost forgot . . .YANKEES SUCK!

No comments: