So 7//7/07 has come and gone, was it lucky for you? It wasn't lucky for all the dopes who bet 7-7-7 in the lottery on Saturday. I was glad to see there were a few news reports on the failings of those numbers, in Virginia on WDBJ and Roanoke.com. Virginia was not the only place gamblers lost out. Here in California I haven't seen any news stories interviewing the millions of people who didn't win the lottery this past Saturday. One of the highest selling days, and yet nobody won the grand prize.
But the problem is that just like somebody winning the lottery on the 7th doesn't establish that that date is lucky, somebody not winning doesn't establish that it isn't. So those of us who know that luck is just a random part of living, not tied in with numbers, phases of the moon, or anything else, will just have to go on living our lives, hoping luck shines on us when we least expect it.
One group that has had no luck at all lately are realtors and home-flippers, and I can safely predict they won't be having any for some time. Here is a great article and required reading for anybody interested in end of the housing speculator era. I wish I would have wrote it myself. The writer states that the quicker we can get housing prices back to normality the better for our economy. So let's start boycotting the housing market today!
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment