Saturday, December 25, 2004

The only Jesus I know is one of my students

Oh right, I know I am supposed to be nice today right? Respectful of this major christian holiday and take a day off. Well sorry, but I didn't start this site to play it safe. In a nutshell, my position is that christianity is a cult that has been blown up way out of proportion, and I wish they would keep their silly little day to themselves.

I am not for a secular version of christmas that many Atheists seem to be for, but I say the more religious the celebration the better. Go ahead put up your crosses and your nativity scenes in your yard, that way there will be no doubt in anybody's mind what the holiday represents. Consequently we can then leave the holiday only to the hardcore christian cultmembers. (Otherwise known as evangelicals) In this red state they seem to at least be getting that part of it right.



I have marked 2004 as the year the USA took a big step back from the Enlightenment and on this the most unenlightened of days, I will continue to preach for the future of science and reason in this country.

For some more approved reading here is a fine example of the xmas spirit and this is a review of the year that has been. Thank goodness we are only a week away from 2005.

No comments: