Friday, November 19, 2004

Duck Droppings

My Oregon Ducks have not had their best season on record. They still could be heading to a bowl game near me if they manage to pull off a win tomorrow in the "Civil War" game against Oregon State. The Beavers want the exact same thing however. If the Ducks lose, their streak of 11 straight bowl game appearances will be broken. (OK so we really shouldn't count the Seattle Bowl two years ago)

If they win it looks like they will go to either the Las Vegas Bowl or the Phoenix Insight Bowl which are both within driving distance for me. So I would definitely have to make an appearance to show my support. However I don't exactly bring good luck for the Ducks when I get a chance to see them in person.

I have been to three Duck bowl game appearances: The Rose Bowl 1995, The Seattle Bowl 2003, and The Sun Bowl 2004. They lost all three of those games. At regular season games things haven't faired much better either. In fact in the twenty or so times in my life I have seen the football team play live I can only remember them winning twice. Both times were against UW at Husky Stadium. I was actually a UW student at the time, sitting in their student section rooting for the ducks.

The game tomorrow will be at the Beaver's stadium in Corvallis at 4pm Pacific time and I won't be there so they have a great chance of winning!

No comments: