Thursday, September 22, 2005

Nothing tops Super Breakout!

For everybody who didn't waste enough pointless hours of their lives on an Atari 2600 back in the 80s, the consoles are back now and begging you to spend more unproductive time with them. I actually didn't have an Atari when they first came out, but when the video game crash happened and they were practically giving the things away I finally scored one and then became a video game collector. Paying a few bucks a pop, I ended up with almost 200 Atari 2600 games before it was all said and done.


You name it, I had it, Intellivision, Colecovision, Vectrex and more. If it was pre-Nintendo I collected it. Then one day I came to my senses and swore off video games for life. Other than chess I don't think I have a single game on my hard drive at the moment. I erased every game I had on my comp. And I sold the whole lot of classic consoles and cartridges on Ebay for roughly what I payed for them. That was three years ago and I haven't missed them since. Well there are occasional pangs to play Warlords or Super Breakout (progression mode) but a little deep breathing and I get over it. So I encourage everybody else to kick the habit and go cold turkey! There is nothing romantic or nostalgic about playing old video games. The word I would use to describe it does end with an "ic" but starts with a "p" however.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you posted this, there are no more silly ads about bibles! They are now all about videogames. Maybe you can write something about durian again.

Hugs and kisses,
mc

curls said...

Sorry about some of the horrible ads that appear on the page sweetheart. The more people click on that the sooner I will take those off. They only send you money when you have made $100, so far I have only made about $30 and if I quit now I will get none of that.

But if enough people say they hate them, I will take them off. Leave a comment, should they stay, or should they go?

Anonymous said...

Stay, for now. Some of those ads are really funny anyway. But we need to start a "Click Campaign" to get the $100-mark soonest.

mc